Saturday, February 12, 2011

Betty's Crocheted Handwarmers Pattern

This handwarmer pattern has been in the works for months. As my last blog post was in April, 2010, you can see that life has been busy and the blog has been neglected. The pattern is at last posted to my Etsy shop.

I truly enjoyed making these handwarmers, creating a nice elastic cuff with foundation double crochet and front/back post double crochet ribbing. The foundation row technique was great to learn, and a nice break from working that first row of stitches in to a chain.


The pictured handwarmers are made with Mirosol Chirapa hand dyes. The solid bands are from Misti Alpaca worsted. There are so many options for embellishment. I just went to the button box.


The pattern also works up quite nicely in blocks of color:

Please let me know what color combinations and embellishments you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment