Fixation Baby Beanie:
Yarn: 1 ball Cascade Fixation (makes 2 beanies).
Use Fixation relaxed, not stretched, throughout.
Crochet Hooks: Size G
Abbreviations: hdc (half double crochet); sl (slip); sc (single crochet);
st (stitch); sp (space); ch (chain).
1. Wrap yarn around fingers two times to make a firm loop. 6 hdc in loop. (Knit rounds continuously, placing marker at beginning of each round.)
2. 2 hdc in each hdc (12 hdc).
3. 2 hdc in each hdc (24 hdc).
4. *Hdc in next 2 st, 2 hdc in next st* around (32 st).
5. *Hdc in next 3 st, then *2 hdc in next st* around (40 st).
6. *Hdc in next 7 st, then 2 hdc in next st* around (45 hdc).
7. Hdc in next 4 st, then 2 hdc in next st* around , (54 hdc).
8. *Hdc in next 17 st, then 2 hdc in next st* around (57 hdc).
9. Hdc 9, 2 hdc in next st, *Hdc in next 18 st, then 2 hdc in next st* around ,
hdc in last 9 st (60 hdc).
10-16. Hdc even around for 7 rounds, ending with a sc.
17. Sl st, ch 3 (counts as hdc, ch 1 (skip 1)) *hdc 1, ch 1 (skip 1) * around. Join round with sl st in 2nd chain.
18. Ch 1, hdc in each ch 1 sp and in each hdc around (60 st). Sl st to join round.
19. Ch 1. Reverse direction. Sc around in back loop only. Join round with sl st. Cut off yarn, leaving a few inches at end.
With a tapestry needle, weave in long ends of yarn at beginning and end of beanie.
Option: Weave ribbon through ch. 1 openings and tie a bow.