Thursday, April 23, 2009

Betty's Crocheted Felted Mittens


We enjoyed a family trip to Minnesota for Easter, and that provided about 12 hours in the car to crochet! I made a couple of pair of mittens to felt, and they turned out so lofty and warm. The pair shown is made from one strand of baby alpaca and a strand of alpaca/wool- yummy soft!

Before felting, the mittens are about 12 inches long.

After 20 minutes of felting they fit my hand, and are approximately 10 inches long. The slight decrease between the cuff and hand provides a snug fit.
My crocheted felted mitten pattern is for sale in Betty's Loft Etsy shop. This is an easy, portable project. The mittens are wonderful to have on hand for spontaneous gifts, or to make for holiday giving.

1 comment:

  1. These look nice and cozy. I have alway been a chicken when it comes to felting. I have a couple of projects that I should ask you about. Happy Friday! ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete